UC San Diego Health Cancer Network Affiliation
In 2017, Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center forged affiliation with UC San Diego Health, home of Moores Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center and member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the world's leading cancer centers that treat patients with a broad spectrum of cancers and are recognized for dealing with complex, aggressive or rare cancer. This affiliation has yielded an ever-growing array of vital new resources for desert residents who would otherwise have to travel out of the area for advanced cancer care.
Among the initiatives to evolve from the UC San Diego Health affiliation have been:
- Access to groundbreaking clinical trials,
- Shared tumor boards (teams of physicians who meet to review complex cases of patients diagnosed with cancer)
- Blood Marrow Transplant Clinic
- Esophageal Cancer Prevention and Screening Program
- Genetic Testing and Counseling Clinic
- Hepatobiliary (HPB) Specialty Cancer Care Clinic
- Onco-Fertility Services
- Pancreatic Cancer Prevention and Screening Program, and
- Personalized Medicine Clinic
One of only 51 National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, and one of only seven in Southern California, UC San Diego Health is an academic health system, conducting more than 300 interventional trials that are often unavailable anywhere else, including 40 investigational immunotherapies and stem cell-based approaches. Eisenhower’s affiliation with UC San Diego's Health Cancer Network provides access to these services. In addition, experts from UC San Diego Health provide a monthly personalized cancer therapy clinic, pancreatic screening program, blood and marrow transplant clinic, genetic counseling, and access to other specialties as needed.
- Eisenhower Health’s Membership in the UCSD Health Cancer NetworkFeaturing: Steven Plaxe, Katie SchnaserListen Now
The Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center is truly a remarkable cancer treatment facility, bringing together in one place a tremendous technological strength and a profoundly human environment available nowhere else in the Palm Springs region.