Health Information Management
Eisenhower Health medical records are managed by the Eisenhower Health Information Management department. You can access your and your family's records online using MyChart. For proxy access, release of a family member's protected health information, records prior to 2006, or to obtain a paper copies of your records please contact our Health Information Management department directly.
Since the fall of 2006 Eisenhower Medical center has been storing our patient records electronically. Click here to access your Eisenhower electronic medical records with a free MyChart account.
The following types of information must be requested separately:
- Eisenhower Imaging Center – Phone: 760-674-3876
To access a family members records via MyChart you need to complete a Proxy Access Request and submit it to our Health Information Management department.
Release of protected health information requires an authorization form to be completed and submitted to our Health Information Management department. Authorizations MUST contain the following information. If any of these items are missing from the form or if the form is not signed and dated, your request will be returned.
- Patient’s full name (list any other names the patient may have had)
- Patient date of birth
- To whom the records will be released (name and full address)
- Purpose for which the information may be disclosed (such as personal use, continuity of care, legal matter, insurance)
- The health information being requested (such as hospital stay, clinic visit)
- Your initials to acknowledge release of sensitive information. Information related to substance use disorders, psychotherapy notes, HIV test results, or genetic test results will NOT be released without an initial.
Authorizations signed by a representative must be verified by including a copy of one of the following documents:
- Legal guardianship papers
- Advance directive or health care power of attorney, for patients unable to make health care decisions
- Designation of personal representative, which allows the representative to act on the patient's behalf with regard to personal health information
Requests for medical records of deceased patients require a copy of the death certificate and evidence of next of kin or executorship of the estate.
For release of protected health information, subpoenas, or status on requests for release of records, please contact the Health Information Management (HIM) Release of Information team directly.
- Business Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Location: 39000 Bob Hope Drive, Wright Building, Suite 104, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
- Phone: 760-773-1211
- Fax: 760-773-2020
For assistance with diagnostic images for studies conducted at Eisenhower Imaging Center (EIC), please call the EIC’s Medical Records team at 760-674-3876.
For assistance with MyChart activation, MyChart proxy, or Advanced Directives and end of life planning documents, please call the HIM MyChart Team at 760-773-1298.
For assistance with Birth Registry and birth certificates, please call the HIM Birth Registry Team at 760-773-1874.