We are committed to protecting the privacy of your medical information. We are required by law to maintain the confidentiality of information that identifies you and the care you receive.
Notice of Privacy Practices for EisenhowerHealth.org and the MyEisenhower App
We are required to give you this Notice of our legal duties, our privacy practices and your rights, and we must follow the terms of this Notice. This Notice also applies to your personal doctor and others who provide care to you, but only for the care you receive at Eisenhower Medical Center.
When we disclose information to other persons and companies to perform services for us, we require them to protect your privacy too. There are other laws that provide additional protections for medical information related to treatment for mental health, alcohol and other substance abuse and HIV/AIDS. We will follow the requirements of these laws.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing and using this site, you signify your acceptance of these terms and condition. If you do not agree to all of these terms and conditions of use, do not use this site.
Eisenhower Medical Center ("EMC") may revise and update these terms and conditions at any time. Your continued usage of the web site will mean that you accept these changes.
THIS SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information on the EMC web site is for educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for medical professional help, advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you have regarding your medical care. Nothing contained in this site is intended to constitute a medical diagnosis or treatment. Nothing in this site is intended as a recommendation or endorsement of any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned in this site. Any reliance on any information provided by the web site personnel, others appearing on the site at the invitation of the web site and/or other visitors to the site is solely at the user’s risk.
NEITHER THE WEB SITE NOR ANY FORM OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION IS AN APPROPRIATE METHOD OR MANNER FOR REPORTING, EVALUATING AND/OR MAKING INQUIRES REGARDING HEALTH ISSUES, PARTICULARLY THOSE OF AN URGENT NATURE, AND EMC MAKES NO GUARANTEE OF ANY RESPONSE TIME TO ANY INQUIRY YOU MAY MAKE.
ACCORDINGLY, IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON THIS WEB SITE FOR ASSISTANCE, BUT SHOULD INSTEAD SEEK APPROPRIATE EMERGENCY MEDICAL ASSISTANCE.
EMC does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or usefulness of the opinions, advice, services or other information provided through the site or on the Internet generally. The site may contain health or medical-related materials which you may find sexually explicit or otherwise offensive. EMC, its licensors and its suppliers have no control over and accept no responsibility for compliance with the laws applicable to your country or state of residence.
A user’s sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with the site is to stop using the site. All information is transmitted over a medium which is beyond the control and jurisdiction of EMC. Accordingly, EMC assumes no responsibility for, or relating to, delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with the use of this web site or sites access through this site.
By accessing this site, you agree that you will not:
a. Upload or transmit any communications or content of any type that may infringe or violate any rights of any party;
b. Use this web site for any purpose in violation of local, state, national or international laws;
c. Use this site as a means to distribute advertising or other unsolicited material to any third party;
d. Use this Web site to post or transmit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity;
e. Attempt to disable, "hack" or otherwise interfere with the proper functioning of this Web site.
Copyright and Trademark Information
The content and design of EMC’s web site are protected by LO.S. and international copyright laws. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, display, transmit, or frame any of these materials without prior written consent from the copyright owners, except that you may view, download, display and print a single copy of these materials on a single computer for personal, noncommercial use only, so long as: (1) you do not alter or modify the materials in any way; (2) you included all applicable notices and disclaimers (including copyright notices); and (3) you do not use the materials in a way that suggests an associate ion with EMC or an affiliated EMC entity. You understand and agree that title to these materials shall not pass to you or any other user.
The following are trademarks and/or service marks of EMC ("EMC Trademarks"). The below list may not be a comprehensive list of all EMC trademarks and the absence of a mark, name or logo from this list does not constitute a waiver of any and/or all intellectual property Rights that EMC has established in any of its services or product names or logos):
EISENHOWER, EISENHOWER MEDICAL CENTER, 24/7 SERVICES, A HEALING PLACE LIKE NO OTHER, HEALTHY LIVING, EISENHOWER INDIAN WELLS HEALTHY LIVING RESOURCE CENTER, RENKER WELLNESS CENTER, LABTECHNIQUES, FIVE STAR TREATMENT FOR EVERYONE, A DAY OF HOPE FOR DIABETES, ANNENBERG CENTER FOR HEALTH SCIENCES, AND THE five star design/logo.
You may not use, in any form, whatsoever, any of the EMC Trademarks without the advance express written permission of EMC. To request permission to use an EMC trademark, please direct your inquiry to:
Eisenhower Medical Center, Inc.
Attn: Office of Legal Affairs
39000 Bob Hope Drive
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
All other trademarks are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Eisenhower Medical Center ("EMC") is committed to protecting your privacy. We will keep the personal information you entrust to us safe and secure. We will not share your personal information with other people or businesses without your prior consent, except as described below.
The only information that EMC obtains about individual visitors to its website is that supplied voluntarily by visitors. You grant the site the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store and use your information in connection with the operation of the site.
When you provide us with your personal information, such as information provided in conjunction with a donation, an appointment request, etc., we collect such information as well as credit card and insurance information, if applicable. If you request that information or materials be provided to you via electronic mail, we will also ask for your email address.
From time to time, EMC retains the services third party companies for the purpose of targeting future campaigns and upgrading visitor information used in reporting statistics, where we share with our third party company site usage information about visitors to our site. EMC employs strict security measures to safeguard online communications.
To ensure the security of your credit card information, we employ Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL"). SSL encrypts your credit card information and protects the security of the information during transmission so that it cannot be read as it is sent through the Internet.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION:
To meet requests for services or information; to process payments; to keep our records up-to-date; to contact you about EMC services or events; and for site administration purposes.
We may group together statistical information to understand more about visitors to our web site in order to improve our range of products and services and help manage our relationships with patients, visitors, donors, and others. When this is done, we only provide anonymous information and do not disclose personal details about any individuals.
At certain points where personal information is collected on our site, there may be a box where you may indicate you would like to be on a mailing list to receive information about other EMC programs and services and about ways to support EMC.
COOKIES AND OTHER IDENTIFIERS:
In certain circumstances, EMC may be required to transfer or share personal information. Specifically, EMC may transfer your data to successors in title to our business (third parties who by our company or the relevant part of the business), or to any suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf. Further, we will comply with lawful requests to disclose personal information to certain authorities (e.g. law enforcement agencies).
You can request a copy of the personal information that we may hold by writing to us at the address below:
Eisenhower Medical Center
Attn: Chief Information Officer
39000 Bob Hope Drive
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
In order to provide visitors with other valuable information, EMC may provide links to third-party sites. However, EMC exercises no authority over third-party sites, each of which maintains independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures. We do not warrant or represent that the information submitted to any third party web site will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties. EMC assumes no responsibility or liability for these independent methods or actions and is not responsible for the independent policies or procedures of destination sites.
You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your site password or account. It is your sole responsibility to (1) control the dissemination and use of activation codes and passwords; (2) authorize, monitor and control access to and use of your site account and password; and (3) promptly inform EMC of any need to deactivate a password.
Changes to this Policy:
We may change this policy to keep up to date with changes in legislation and best practice. your continued use of the site will be taken as acceptance of the changes.
Contact the Privacy Officer at 760-340-3911.
Last updated: June 23, 2022
Eisenhower takes very seriously its obligation to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. Eisenhower’s mobile applications for patients, including MyChart for iOS and Android, are intended to connect to servers and systems operated and maintained by Eisenhower community members in order to provide you secure, mobile access to those systems and to your health information.
Your Personal Information
Our Applications and the Limited Ways in which Eisenhower Uses Your Information
Eisenhower does not sell or license any information that you may provide to us as you use our Applications.
Except for those things stated below, our Applications do not send your personal information directly to Eisenhower and do not store any of your personal information on your device or in the cloud-based storage solution associated with your device (i.e., iCloud or its equivalent).
Eisenhower attempts to minimize the amount of your personal or health information stored or retained on your device. Nevertheless, our Applications may:
- Store a copy of a picture on your device if you choose to add a picture to your profile.
- Create encrypted identifiers to identify target healthcare providers for HealthKit or Google Fit data, if you are using HealthKit or Google Fit.
- Temporarily store your personal information in memory or on the device while you use our Applications.
- Location information is gathered in background, even when the app is not running.
- In addition, in order to provide you certain features, our Applications may request information from servers and systems owned or operated by Eisenhower and those servers and systems may record technical information about that request such as an IP address and information related to the type of device, platform, and operating system you use with our Applications.
THE LIMITED WAYS WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell or license your information. These are the limited ways we interact with your information in connection with our mobile apps:
- When you choose to add a profile photo to our mobile app, you may select an existing photo on your device or take a new photo using the camera app on your device. If you select an existing photo on your device, we store a copy of your chosen photo in app-private storage on your device. If you use the camera app on your device to take a new photo, the photo you take is first saved to your camera app and then also saved to app-private storage on your device. If you remove the photo from your profile or delete our mobile apps, the copy of the photo is deleted from the app-private storage, but the photo saved to your camera app remains available in your camera app until you choose to delete it.
- When you choose to use Apple’s HealthKit or Google Fit, we create encrypted identifiers to identify recipients of your Apple’s HealthKit or Google Fit data and store them on your device in app-private storage. If you choose to stop using Apple HealthKit or Google Fit or delete our mobile apps, the identifiers are deleted.
- When you choose to view documents from Eisenhower (such as letters or images) using our mobile app, to make the files viewable for you we temporarily store copies on your device in app-private storage. The temporary copies are deleted when you close your session on our mobile apps.
- Eisenhower may offer automatic appointment arrival and should you choose to enable it, we will temporarily store identifiers and times for your upcoming appointments in app-private storage to detect when you arrive for an upcoming appointment. If you choose to stop using our mobile apps or you disable automatic appointment arrival, the identifiers are deleted.
- Eisenhower may offer location-based check in for in-person appointments, or allow you to find health care providers near you. You may choose to allow our mobile apps to interact with your location data for those purposes. We do not store your location data.
- Eisenhower may allow you to notify front desk staff electronically when you arrive for an appointment, and you may choose to allow our mobile app to interact with your Bluetooth data for this purpose. We do not store your Bluetooth data.
- While you use our app, we collect non-identifying information so we can provide customer service to you and so we may understand how people use our mobile app so we can improve our product. This information includes the time you began using the app, the healthcare organization you interacted with, any error messages or codes, the model of device used and its operating system, and the version of our mobile app used. If you use Android devices, we also collect your connection type (cellular or WiFi) during an error.
- You may contact us through the methods listed on Our Website. If you contact us, we may keep a record of the communication. You can decide how much information you want to share with us in those cases.
For Android Users – Required Google Play Disclosures for Certain Health Apps
Google has determined our mobile app is subject to their COVID-19 apps requirements. As a result, we are required to provide the following information so we can make our mobile apps available to you in the Play store.
- Our mobile apps interact with your microphone only if you choose to use your microphone to navigate our mobile apps. Our mobile apps interact with your camera roll only if you choose to add a profile photo to a profile in our mobile apps. This information is not used in connection with COVID-19.
- Our mobile apps access, collect, use, and share your information as stated above in the section titled, “The Limited Ways We Use Your Information.”
- Our mobile apps were not created specifically for the COVID-19 pandemic. They existed before the COVID-19 pandemic to allow you to access your health information on file with your healthcare organization. Your healthcare organization may allow you to access COVID-19-related vaccination information, laboratory test results, and documents with illness-related information using our mobile apps. You may choose if or how you want to access, display, or use the information – just like you can make those decisions about health information relating to other conditions, services, tests, or vaccinations.
- Eisenhower Health may allow you to use our mobile app to conduct telehealth appointments with your healthcare providers. Our mobile apps only provide the technical support for those appointments to happen. We do not interact with any health information about you exchanged during any telehealth appointments.
Your Healthcare Providers
HealthKit and Google Fit
With your permission, certain versions of our Applications can connect to Apple HealthKit or Google Fit to receive health information and to share that information with your healthcare providers.
Our Applications do not share your health information with HealthKit, Google Fit, or other software enabled with HealthKit or Google Fit.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
The security of your information and data while using our Applications is very important to us. Our Applications employ a variety of technical safeguards to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal information including supporting Transport Layer Security (TLS)/Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate technology and encryption.
In addition, healthcare providers with whom you connect may use a variety of physical, administrative, and technical measures to protect your personal information.