Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center
The Tamkin Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation center focuses on the rehabilitation of cardiac and pulmonary patients who have recently experienced a heart attack, cardiac surgery, stable angina or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. A maintenance program is available for patients who no longer need to be monitored while they exercise, but feel safer exercising with cardiac-trained health professionals standing by.
State-of-the-art cardiac rehabilitation equipment includes the very latest treadmills, life cycles, stair climbers, free weights and other exercise equipment. Televisions entertain while you exercise.
Using the most up-to-date telemetry units, nurses, respiratory therapists, exercise physiologists and licensed fitness trainers are always nearby to monitor heart rates. Blood pressure readings are taken before and after exercise. New members receive a physical evaluation, and exercise routines are tailored to each individual's needs and physical limitations.
These services are offered for maintenance, once completed with the program:
- On-site emergency equipment
- Yoga, pilates, tai chi, stretching, core, balance classes
- Nutrition counseling
- Educational lectures
- Ongoing monitoring for all patients
- It’s never too late to get the benefits from adding strength training to your fitness routine — or from making weights the core of a whole new exercise program. “Strength... more
Full service rehabilitation facility with state-of-the-art equipment; full range of exercise classes; free blood pressure, heart rate and oxygen saturation checks.
- Monday through Friday, 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. (closed noon to 1 p.m.)
- $83 initial evaluation fee; $66/month membership